Capacity, Viking 150: gross vol. 169 l, net vol. 150 l, boiling space 19
Metos Viking is a Finnish-made kettle. Reliable electro-mechanic control
ensures routine food production without constant care or monitoring.
Metos Viking can be customised according to the user needs with the
respective options and accessories. Optimal ergonomics, ease of use and
effortless cleaning make the hygienic and energy-saving Metos Viking a
user-friendly and economical option.
Both fixed and free-standing (optional) installations are possible.
The control panel of the Metos Viking is fully raised with a highly
visible and easy- to read electro-mechanic control, which is protected
from knocks and steam arising from the kettle. All parts that become
dirty in everyday use, are easily removable without any special tools
and are dishwasher-safe. The kettle has a sturdy stainless-steel lid.
Safety Grid Lid (as option) to facilitate adding of raw ingredients.
Room for chef´s tools is available on the control pillar top.
Fully automated water filling (optional) is available.
It is possible to group Metos Viking 4G kettles by connecting them to
other Metos 4G kettles and fixed Proveno 2G and 3G kettles without an
intermediate support pillar between the kettles. The tilting height from
the pouring spout to the floor is 600 mm in the high tilting Metos
Viking 4G kettles. An elevated installation frame is available and can
be customised according to the desired tilting height (optional).
– 40-100 l stainless steel lid. Dishwasher safe.
– 150-400 l a quick release stainless steel lid. Dishwasher safe.
Rotating mechanism in the lid enables washing the lid even in the
upright position while fixed to the kettle.
– stainless steel measuring stick, which is also dishwasher safe
– support pillar
– accessory hook
OPTIONS (ordered together with the Viking kettle)
– electronic or direct steam operated model
– hand shower with three options: S1 Standard, Heavy Duty S2 or Reel-in
Hand shower S3
– water automatic, food water filling
– jacket water filling, automatic (of steam jacket, E-models)
– draw off taps and valves D1 and D2
– alternative voltages
“- double water connection
– Socket outlet (230V10A) behind the control panel
– 40-100 l lid with lifting device
– welded and seamless bowl cover is available for increased hygiene. Due
to the fully welded outer surface the whole device is urethane insulated
ensuring excellent energy efficiency.
– fixed installation: with a sub-surface installation frame
– fixed installation: with a surface installation frame
– elevated installation frames are available for fixed installation
– free standing installation: frame and feet
– free standing, midfloor kit 1
– free standing, midfloor kit 2
– group installation accessories are available for all options above
– it is possible to fix a free-standing combi-kettle to the floor with
installation flanges which do not penetrate into the floor surface.
Installation flanges do not prevent moving of the kettle as necessary.
– strainer plate
– strainer plate extension for 300 to 400 l kettles
– pouring adapter (spout reducer)
– wide range of accessories for various cooking purposes
The kettle is made entirely of stainless steel with an inner surface of
acid resistant stainless steel. Protection class: IPX5
– a large electro-mechanic control panel, which is fully raised from the
– the screen is protected from knocks as well as steam rising from the
– informative control panel controllers, switches and buttons are
equipped with respective icons and visual signals
– illuminated and highly visible LEDs refer to active functions
– emergency stop function
Maximum temperature +120°C, and a heating selector switch with 6
settings. Maximum operating pressure of the system is 1.0 bar
corresponding +120°C on the inner surface of the kettle.
FOOD WATER FILLING
– manual food water filling with a rotating switch
– ideally located water spout on the edge of the kettle allows filling
the kettle with water even when tilting the kettle, or with low water
pressure. The possibility to add water when the kettle is being tilted
is extremely useful, for example, when cooking or rinsing pasta.
WATER AUTOMATIC, FOOD WATER FILLING
Automatic food water filling (optional) Food water is added by pushing
the respective button on the control panel. Litres are displayed on the
– the water filling button is being pushed down, until the desired
amount of water has been added to the kettle.
– automatic running of the water stops when the pre-determined number of
litres has been reached. Ideally located water spout on the edge of the
kettle allows filling the kettle with water even when tilting the
kettle, or with low water pressure. The possibility to add water when
the kettle is being tilted is extremely useful, for example, when
cooking or rinsing pasta.
Efficient and power full electric tilting for 40 to 200 l kettles, and
hydraulic tilting mechanism for 300 to 400 l kettles. According to
occupational safety standards, tilting of the kettle is enabled only
when pushing the tilting button. Ergonomic tilting height of the
pouring spout is 600 mm from the floor enabling emptying to bigger
transport containers. An elevated installation frame is available for
this kettle and can be customised according to the desired tilting
DOUBLE WATER CONNECTION (optional)
– food water from the tap
– a double water supply enables using another water supply for the
kettle’s technical functions, for example, filtered water helps to
reduce accumulation of impurities and lower maintenance costs.
According to occupational safety standards, the kettle will tilt only
when the respective button is being pushed. Manual safety valve test.
JACKET WATERFILLING, AUTOMATIC (optional)
Automatic filling of the right level of water in the kettle steam
For other customized factory options, please take contact with your